I create engaging experiences and solve problems with speed, excellence and enthusiasm. I have the versatility to be a confident leader, a collaborative innovator, and an efficient, detail-oriented producer.
- Product Planning, UX and Visual Design for DoubleDutch: a white label, location-based iPhone game; Created an HTML5 version of the app for distribution on Android and other mobile platforms (currently in development).
- Complete overhaul of existing web application to improve usability and expand social features; Reach has increased 50% since relaunch, from 900k to 1.5m UV/month.
- Optimized high-traffic page templates for revenue based on referral source. Solved for Shopzilla, Pricegrabber and Google Adsense to enable flexible A/B testing.
- Front-end design for all company products; Front-end development for blogs and DoubleDutch.me website.
Interactive Designer at Hallmark Cards
Kansas City, Missouri – 2006 to 2008
- Conceptualized, designed and developed microsites and e-cards; expanded e-card functionality to enable end-user photo-upload and customization options.
- Oversaw the technical implementation of products for a major licensor, by managing a collaboration between in-house animators and an external contractor.
- Led design initiatives for new audiences including Product (RED) consumers & Facebook users.
- Contributed to Hallmark’s plan of entry into mobile & social networking spaces; collaborated with a developer to create a Facebook app and managed the app’s product line.
Junior Web Designer & Developer at 21xdesign
Broomall, Pennsylvania – 2005 to 2006
- Developed, maintained and updated all projects taken on during my employ, enabling the firm to dramatically increase capacity; worked with the art director on the design of 3 of these websites.
Creative Department Manager & Art Director at Seed Ventures
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – 2003 to 2004
- Developed websites, logos and collateral that helped this non-profit organization obtain grants.
- Managed creative department members and interviewed prospective candidates.
BFA Graphic & Interactive Design from Tyler School of Art/Temple University
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2006
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Earned Temple University Honors Program Certificate
- Studied Abroad in Rome
Publications & Awards
No Plastic Sleeves by Larry Volk & Danielle Currier – 2010 (amazon)
Design School Confidential by Stephen Heller & Lita Talarico – 2009 (amazon)
Flash Goddess Runner-Up – 2007
Tyler School of Art Best Interactive Portfolio – 2006
How Magazine Self-Promotion Issue – Merit Award – 2006
Graphis New Talent Annual – 2005